Netgear Nighthawk App
Easily Setup and install your Nighthawk router using the nighthawk-app.com. Netgear introduces a most convenient nighthawk application, which gives the easiest way to set up and install your router from the smartphone. Netgear users can easily download the nighthawk app from the android Google play store or apple store. Additionally, nighthawk-app.com comes with excellent features.
Nighthawk App Features
Smart parental control: This feature helps the parents to filter online content, and also helps in limit and set up the internet connection at the bedtime, study time, or homework time. Besides, with the Smart parental control feature, you can manage and control all the connected devices in your home.
Remotely control: Setup the Amazon Alexa and Google voice commands for your home network with the nighthawk remote management features. Even you can easily monitor and manage your home wi-fi network from anywhere.
Armor security: You can protect your home’s Wi-Fi network with the Netgear armor security features. Further, it receives notification for threats and protects your network with a single tap.
Easy Setup: Without spending hours setting up the router, you can simply set up your router using the Nighthawk app.
How do I download the nighthawk app on my smartphone?
Are you fail to download the nighthawk-app.com on your smartphone? If yes, then go with these given mentioned steps to download the nighthawk app for mobile.
- Open the Netgear official site on your smartphone browser.
- Tap on the search bar option and type the Netgear Nighthawk App in the search bar.
- Then the Nighthawk app will appear on your screen.
- Click on the application and then on the install button.
- Netgear nighthawk-app.com app will automatically downloaded on your smartphone.
- Once the app download, you can run the application on your smartphone device.
Create a Netgear account using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Manage your router and extender settings from your Netgear account. Besides, you can also set up your router through the nighthawk-app.com. Go through with these simple steps to create a Netgear account.
- Head to the Nighthawk app on your android or iOS mobile device.
- Find the ‘create Netgear account‘ and hit on it.
- Provide your first and last name to create a Netgear account.
- Next, type your current email address along with the password.
- After that, you will get a verification update within the next 24 hours.
- In the last step, again open the app and click on the sign-in option.
Setup and Install your router through nighthawk-app.com
Netgear users can easily Setup and install the router through the Nighthawk application. Additionally, with a single tap, they can also manage and control the router. Here we will explain the easy steps to Setup and install the router.
- First, connect the provided antennas of your router.
- Next, connect your modem to the internet port of your router.
- Once done, then turn on your router.
- After that, download the nighthawk app from the download center.
- Type the email address and password to sign in.
- Press the login button and go with the on-screen instructions to the Netgear router setup.
- Now, hit the Save button.
- At last, try to access the network map on the nighthawk app.
Login Netgear router using the Nighthawk app
Once you successfully install your router and wanna modify settings of your router, then you have to log in to your existing router. So let’s see how you can login to your router without any trouble.
- Firstly, if your existing router comes with the antennas, then attach them.
- Hereafter, establish a wired connection between your router and modem.
- And then plug in your router into an electrical socket.
- From the google play store or app store, download the nighthawk app.
- Install the downloaded app properly on your smartphone.
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Here, a login screen appears on your device.
- Mention your router username and password in the required fields.
- In the end, tap the Login button.
- That’s enough now you successfully logged into your router.
Why is my Nighthawk app failed to find my router?
In case your nighthawk-app.com fails to find your router then go along with these simple steps to solve this issue.
- Foremost, verify that your device accurately connected to your router’s network.
- Check that your router must not in access point mode.
- Also, check that your mobile data connection should be in disabled mode.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
How to Change Username and Password using Nighthawk App
Are you forget your router’s login credentials details? Don’t panic! We are here providing a simple and effective step to change the router’s username and password.
- Open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone that connected to your router’s network.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Settings section.
- Click on the Wi-Fi network to change your router’s credentials.
- Enter a new desired username and password in the required fields.
- At the end, press the save button to save the new settings.
How do I check and update my router firmware through nighthawk-app.com?
As we know, the firmware update is an essential part of the router. Router’s updated firmware enhance your router performance and function. Additionally, updated firmware resolves all the issues related to the router. So in this section, we are explaining an essential topic. Let’s see! How can you check and update the firmware of your router?
Steps to check and update router firmware
- Connect your mobile device to the router’s wi-fi network.
- Get to the Nighthawk app and open it on your device.
- Fill your username and password, if asked.
- After, tap on the Sign-IN button.
- A dashboard screen will pop up on your mobile device.
- From the dashboard screen, select the image of your router.
- Scroll down the router settings page and click on the Check button to find the new updates.
- If any firmware update is available, then press the Update button.
- Note: Do not turn off the device until the firmware update process complete.
- Once the update process complete, your router will restart automatically.
How to reset my router by using Nighthawk App?
Walk-through with the given mentioned steps to reset your Nighthawk router.
- In the first step, check that your router’s power light is on.
- Find the reset button, which locates on the backside of the router.
- Take a paper clip or sharp pin to reset your router.
- Using the paper clip or pin press and hold the reset button.
- Release the reset button after a few seconds.
- In the last step, your router will automatically reboot.
How do I activate Netgear Armor security using the Nighthawk app?
Protect your smart devices from any cyber threats using Netgear Armor security. Netgear Armor gives multi-layer cybersecurity to your connected devices. By activating Netgear Armor, you can also protect your private data. Go with these simple steps to enable or disable Netgear Armor through the Nighthawk app.
- Establish a connection between your smart device and the router by connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Afterward, open the nighthawk app on your device.
- Move to the top-left corner on the dashboard screen.
- Select Home or Cloud option from the top-left corner and hit the selected options.
- Under the Settings section, select Security.
- If Netgear account credential prompted, then provide them.
- Further, hit the Netgear Sign-in button.
- Once you sign to the account, click on the Enable Netgear Armor option to activate On/Off settings.
- Finally, you successfully activate your Netgear Armor Settings.
Access the Netgear Armor portal through the Web Interface
The following are the easiest and quickest steps to access the Netgear Armor portal using the web Interface.
- At the start, connect your device to the router’s wi-fi network.
- Navigate to http://armor.netgear.com to access the Netgear account.
- Besides, enter the Netgear Account credentials, if needed.
- Note: The Netgear Armor portal maybe remember your account username and password.
- Search the Allow button, then press it. Later, the Netgear armor portal will shows.
Enable or Disable anywhere access on your router using Nighthawk app
Manage your router’s settings from your smart device by enabling or disabling Anywhere Access. In this section, you will learn some basic steps to access your router from anywhere. Let’s Start!
- At first, connect your smartphone to your router’s wi-fi network.
- Thereupon, get to the Nighthawk app and then launch on your device.
- Fill the admin password of your router and hit the SIGN IN option.
- Then after that, you will see a dashboard screen on your smart device’s screen.
- At the top left corner, select the menu icon and then tap on it.
- Again tap on the Settings and then Anywhere Access.
- Move the Anywhere Access slider toward the right side if you want to enable the settings.
- If you want to disable Anywhere Access, the take the Anywhere Access slider to the left side.
Thus, you will access your router settings from anywhere.